The Werewolf team is the main evil team that is trying to kill the Village team. They start off with more information than the Town, knowing each other. A full game starts with 4 werewolves. Any type of werewolf is not able to be converted to the Sect or bitten by a Zombie.
The Werewolves win if there are the same number of wolves as villagers, as they will have the most voting power. However, the solo killing and solo converting role (Serial Killer, Arsonist, Sect Leader etc.) must be killed as well.
- Werewolf - A generic werewolf with no abilities and one vote per night.
- Alpha Werewolf - A werewolf that appears as Unknown, and has two votes per night.
- Wolf Seer - A werewolf that can see a person's role per night.
- Wolf Shaman - A werewolf that can make people appear as Wolf Shaman/evil to Seers, Aura Seers, and Detectives.
- Junior Werewolf - A werewolf that can tag someone to kill with him when they die.
- Werewolf Berserk - A werewolf that can activate a frenzied night, where any player that is attacked by the wolves is killed no matter what, as well as anybody who protected that player.
- Nightmare Werewolf - A werewolf that will make 2 players (1 each time) during the game "fall asleep" for one night. That player won't be able to use his ability during the night.
- Guardian Wolf: A werewolf who can once protect a player from being lynched by the village.
- Cursed: A villager that becomes a regular werewolf once attacked.
- Sorcerer - A werewolf who is able to see other's roles, but is not able to directly communicate with them through werewolf chat.
- Kitten Wolf - At the first night you can pick someone to become a werewolf at the next day, if that player is not a villager, nothing will happen.
Currently, the Sorcerer is only available in Custom Games. However, it used to be a regular role. The rest of the werewolves regularly rotate and are randomized in Quick Game, Ranked games, and Sandbox.
Some roles rely on the "strength" of a wolf. For example, Tough Guys and Beast Hunters are able to find the weakest werewolf. Here is the strength order, from weakest to strongest: Werewolf, Junior Werewolf, Nightmare Werewolf, Wolf Shaman, Werewolf Berserk, Alpha Werewolf, Wolf Seer. (Kitten Wolf is currently not available in-game yet.)
At night, players on the werewolf team can identify their teammates by a paw on the bottom left of that player's avatar. An exception to this is for the sorcerer. The wolves can talk in a separate chat during the night. This can be used to discuss who to kill and exchange info. The wolves also simultaneously select a player they want to kill. Whoever has been selected by the most werewolves will be killed, unless they were protected in some way. If there is a tied, one of the voted player will die, chosen randomly. If none of the Werewolves vote, no one will die.
During the day, the werewolves have the same abilities as a normal villager. The exceptions to this are the Wolf Shaman, the Werewolf Berserk, the Junior Werewolf and the Nightmare Werewolf.
- If one of the Werewolves is put in jail, the rest of the team can see this. That player's icon will have prison cell bars on their avatar.
- If the Werewolf berserk activated its frenzy, the werewolves will be notified by an icon. It will also be notified through the werewolves chat. The villagers used to be able to see it but this was removed.